Friday, May 25, 2018

Solo: A Star Wars Story (IMAX)

Plot:
Years before joining the Rebellion, young Han Solo (Alden Ehrenreich) meets his future copilot Chewbacca and encounters Lando Calrissian (Donald Glover). 

Pros:
•I’ll admit I went into this with very low expectations and came out surprised. I really enjoyed this movie. It was a lot of fun. 
•If you were like me and Alden Ehrenreich was your main concern I’m happy to tell you that you have nothing to worry about. He really nailed down the mannerisms of the Han Solo we all know without it turning into a bad imitation. At the same time he made the character his own. 
•Thrilling action scenes that keep you on the edge of your seat and your eyes glued to the screen. 
•Donald Glover was good as Lando, although I wasn’t as impressed as I was with Alden Ehrenreich. Still, I would love to see a Lando movie happen. Love the character. 
•Looks really nice on an IMAX screen. 

Cons:
•The way they shoehorned in a certain character towards the end. I don’t have a problem with fan service but this had me rolling my eyes. 
•Emilia Clarke. She wasn’t terrible or anything like that but I just didn’t care for her character. 

My Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment