Sunday, June 10, 2018

The Rider

Plot:
After suffering a near fatal head injury, a young cowboy named Brady (Brady Jandreau) struggles to come to terms with that fact that he’ll never be able to ride again. 

Pros:
•I walked into this movie really not knowing anything about it other than it’s based on a true story (this really did happen to Brady Jandreau). I hadn’t planned on seeing this in theaters but I decided to give it a chance. I’m so glad I did.... WOW!!! What an amazing movie. Probably one of the best I’ve seen this year. 
•Outstanding cast led by Brady Jandreau. It’s even more impressive when you consider  the majority of the cast are not professional actors. The only one who had ever acted before was Cat Clifford. He’d been in one other movie that was also directed by Chloè Zhao. 
•A very honest, realistic story about just how hard it is to come to terms with the fact that because of a major injury you’re no longer able to do what you love and has been your entire life up until this point. 
•Great direction by Chloè Zhao. She was able to do so much with such a low budget. Very talented and I look forward to seeing more of her movies. 
•Breathtaking cinematography and locations. 
•Reminded me very much of The Wrestler. If you liked that movie then you’re going to love this. 

Cons:
•Nothing major and certainly nothing that should stop you from seeing this movie. There’s a few moments in the very beginning where the lightening is bad and it’s tough to make out faces.  

My Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment