Friday, June 29, 2018

Sicario: Day of the Soldado

Plot:
The cartels have begun trafficking terrorist across the US border. To fight the war, federal agent Matt Graver (Josh Brolin) once again teams up with Alejandro (Benicio Del Toro). 

Pros:
•Benicio Del Toro was once again amazing. Josh Brolin was good as well. 
•Tense action scenes that had me on the edge of my seat and my eyes glued to the screen the entire time. Be warned though, like the first movie it’s extremely brutal. I was totally fine with it but if you’re squeamish you may want to avoid it. Then again odds are if you want to watch this you’ve already seen the first and know what to expect. 
•Isabela Moner didn’t annoy me like I thought she would. She’s surprisingly decent. Her scenes with Benicio Del Toro were some of my favorite parts of the movie. 
•While I wouldn’t necessarily call this his best work, I’m still a fan of Taylor Sheridan and will watch pretty much anything he’s written. 
•I’m always impressed when a movie is able to do a lot with such a low budget. It’s certainly a good looking movie. 
•If you enjoyed the first movie I would definitely check this out. 

Cons:
•Not as focused as the first. 
•Very weird editing. 
•Didn’t care for the subplot. Every time it would cut to this I was like, “God damn it!! No! Get back to Benicio Del Toro.”
•There’s something that happens near the end that had me going, “How?!?!!”
•The way the movie just kind of ends and the epilogue that totally felt like an after thought.   It was as strange. 

My Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment