Sunday, August 26, 2018

Sorry To Bother You

Plot:
Telemarketer Cassius Green (Lakeith Stanfield) discovers a magical key to success, propelling him into a world of greed. 


I had planned on doing my usual review but now that I’ve seen it, Sorry To Bother You is definitely NOT your usual movie. It’s best to go into this knowing as little as possible. 

I give Boots Riley (I believe this is his directorial debut) a lot of credit. This is certainly one of the most bizarre movies I’ve seen in a long time. I mean that in a good way. We need more unique movies like this. I realize it’s not for everyone but I liked it overall. 

The performances were great, especially Lakieth Stanfield and Armie Hammer. 

The only thing I didn’t care for was the ending. I get what they were going for but I still kind of rolled my eyes. Still, it’s definitely worth watching. 

My Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment