Friday, March 8, 2019

Captain Marvel


Pros:
•I wasn’t so sure about Brie Larson at first (although I do like her as an actress) but I thought she was terrific as Captain Marvel. I especially enjoyed her interactions with Samuel L. Jackson and thought they had really good chemistry. 
•They story was engaging for the most part and it was fun seeing how it connected to the rest of the Marvel universe. 
•Stan Lee tribute had me in tears. Very touching. 
•It’s always great seeing bad ass female characters. 
•As someone who grew up in the 90s I enjoyed hearing a lot of the songs I use to listen to (and still do). Even if they did go a little overboard with it at times. 
•A lot of the humor works. I got more than one genuine laugh while watching this. 
•Both scenes during the credits (one in the middle and one at the very end) were amazing for different reasons. 
•Looks pretty good on an IMAX screen. 
•While I wouldn’t say this was my favorite Marvel movie it’s definitely worth checking out in theaters. 

Cons:
•The third act felt a bit rushed. 
•While most of the visual effects were fine towards the end some of them looked pretty bad. 

My Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment