Friday, March 29, 2019

Dumbo

Pros:
•The visuals are really good. I especially liked the look of Dumbo. The pink elephant scene was pretty cool as well. 
•Most of the actors are fine in this and did the best they could given what they had to work with. 
•While not Tim Burton’s best movie, it’s not his worst either. 

Cons:
•The script is VERY weak.
•The original movie is just over an hour. Here they’ve stretched it into nearly two. I really felt the length after awhile and had to fight the urge to fall asleep.  
•Colin Farrell’s accent in this.... wtf was that!!! 
•Michael Keaton’s character is your typical cartoonish villain. He’s good at it though. I mean of course he is, he’s Michael Keaton! 
•The movie is just kind of... there. If that makes any sense. 
•Do I recommend it? Ehhh.... I guess if you’re curious. I wouldn’t rush out to see it though. Honestly you’re better off watching the original. 

My Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment