Sunday, March 3, 2019

Destroyer

Plot:
Erin Bell (Nicole Kidman), an LAPD detective,    must returned to an old case that ended badly when a gang leader suddenly reappears. 

Pros:
• Nicole Kidman does give a good performance where she’s nearly unrecognizable. It’s certainly different from anything else she’s done. She’s the only reason I’m not giving this movie a lower rating than I already am. 
•There was potential here for something interesting. 

Cons:
•Cliched and predictable story. I’ve seen tons of these types of crime dramas/thrillers but done way better. 
•Poor editing
•Extremely slow
•I understand that this movie was all about showcasing Nicole Kidman but they could’ve at least tried to develop some of the supporting characters. Didn’t really care about any of them. 
•Was about 30 minutes too long. 
•Can’t recommend seeing this in theaters. But I guess it’s worth a watch on Netflix if you’re curious. 

My Rating: 5.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment