Friday, July 29, 2011

Cowboys & Aliens

What do you get when you mix western with sci fi? A pretty awesome summer movie :)

The movie stars Daniel Craig as Jake. He wakes up in the middle of the desert with a bad wound on his side, a strange gadget on his wrist, and no memory of who he is or what's happend. He makes his way into a small town called Absolution (I'm pretty sure that's its name). While there he comes across a mysterious woman named Ella (Olivia Wilde) and a guy who owns a cattle farm and is pretty much the richest man in town (Harrison Ford). Then that night a bunch of aliens attack and all hell breaks loose.

That's the plot of the movie. Ridiculous I know, but I really think you should give it a chance. I give it a lot of credit for being different than most of the movies out now.

The best part of the whole thing, for me anyway, was Daniel Craig. He is just totally bad ass know matter what he does. I've always been a fan of his. Intact, I can't wait to see him in the American version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Anyway, this is definitely his movie.

Harrison Ford was good too, but this wasn't his best role. Olivia Wilde surprised me. At first I thought all her role would be was to stand there, look pretty, and be Daniel's love interest. And while she is his love interest, she also ends up being an important part of the story later on. The rest of the actors I really wasn't all that impressed with.

But overall I would recommend this. There's something for everyone. Ladies, there's even some shirtless Daniel Craig time... although not nearly enough in my opinion ;) ;)

My Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment