Saturday, July 9, 2011

Horrible Bosses

I was debating wether or not to go see this movie. I saw the trailer a few weeks ago and it looked funny. I was afraid it would be one of those movies where the trailer showed all the funny parts. But I've seen pretty much every movie out there now that I would want to see so I thought I'd give this movie a chance. I'm so glad I did.

The story is about three friends (played by Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, and Jason Sudeikis) who's bosses basically make their life a living hell. One night, while having a few drinks at the bar they all agree that their lives would be much easier if their bosses were dead. They end up meeting a guy named "Mother Fucker" Jones whom they hire as their "murder consultant". Jamie Foxx plays this character brilliantly. The role is kinda small but definitely memorable. So then the guys set off to kill their bosses. Of course things don't go as planned.

I thought the movie was hilarious! While my favorite comedies this year are still Hangover Part 2 & Paul, this runs a close third. The thing I liked best was the performances (most of them anyway). There was Jamie Foxx as I mentioned, but I loved the three main characters. They had great chemistry. Kevin Spacey & Colin Farrell (who's almost unrecognizable in this) were good too. If I had anything negative to say it would be Jennifer Anniston who plays the third boss. Her character annoyed me to no end and over the years so has she.

Anyway I would really recommend this. Will it go down in history as the best comedy ever? Probably not. But it was fun and if you need a good laugh, this is the movie for you :)

My Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment