Sunday, September 11, 2016

Don't Think Twice

Plot-
A member of a popular improv group in New York gets a big break while the rest struggle to realize that their own dreams may not come true. 

Pros:
•It's an interesting look inside the comedy world. Something that I didn't know too much about. 
•Even though Mike Birbiglia (who also stars in the movie and wrote the script) hasn't had much experience directing, I think he does a decent job. You can tell he's passionate about this and that he really tried.

Cons:
•For the first maybe hour or so I found myself not really caring about most of the characters. Luckily things got a little better in the last 30 minutes. 
•While the trailer makes it seem like a comedy, I didn't laugh that much while watching it. 
•Poor editing in spots. 
•Not the type of movie that I would recommend seeing in theaters. But if you're bored one day and find it on Netflix by all means check it out. 

My Rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment