Sunday, September 11, 2016

Indignation

Plot-
Set in 1951. A young Jewish college student named Marcus (Logan Lerman) deals with anti Semitism and sexual repression all while falling in love with a troubled girl. 

Pros:
•Strong directorial debut of James Schamus. 
•I had know idea Logan Lerman was such a good actor. I've heard good things about Perks of Being a Wallflower but I haven't seen it in its entirety and the only other movies I've seen him in is Percy Jackson. I really hope he does more serious roles like this. I especially enjoyed his scenes with Tracy Letts who plays Dean Caudwell. 
•Beautiful cinematography and costumes. 

Cons:
•There were times where the musical score was relied upon too heavily. It was needed. I was already emotionally invested. 
•The ending. I'm not saying it was bad or anything I just personally didn't care for it at all. It was kind of a letdown.

My Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment