Friday, September 9, 2016

Sully (IMAX)

Plot-
Based on the incredible true story of the Miracle on the Hudson. When his plane suffers duel engine loss, Captain Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger (Tom Hanks) was able to glide it onto the Hudson River. Miraculously, all 155 people on board survived. 

Pros:
•Clint Eastwood's direction and his approach to this story. Like many people, I thought I knew everything about this. But I didn't realize there had been this whole investigation that tried to make it appear that Sully possibly did the wrong thing. After watching the movie, I can't imagine anyone but Clint Eastwood taking on this story. He really is one of the best directors out there. 
•Stays very true to the actual events from what I can recall (I can't believe it's been 7 years since this miracle happened). Clint Eastwood worked very closely with the real Sully and many of those involved. 
•Movie is short and to the point. I can't remember the last Eastwood movie that was under two hours. A lesser director might have tried to drag it out. 
•Tom Hanks powerful performance. Aaron Eckhart as well. I would love to see them do another movie together. 
•Doesn't rely heavily on the musical score. 
•Looks great in IMAX. 

Cons:
• I really can't think of any. This was one of the best movies I've seen this year. I got goosebumps and was on the edge of my seat. Very few movies can do that anymore. The only thing I'll say is some people may not care for the way they use dream sequences and flashbacks. I didn't have a problem with it and I completely understood why they took that approach. It in no way affects my rating. 

My Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment