Sunday, September 25, 2016

The Beatles- Eight Days a Week

Plot-
Documentary from director Ron Howard showing footage from The Beatles many concerts between 1963 to 1966 as well as interviews. 

Pros:
•If you're a fan of The Beatles then you're going to love this movie! Going into it I assumed it would just be a bunch of concert footage I had already seen a million times but I was wrong. There was not only new footage (to me anyway) but I learned a lot about them through the various stories told here. 
•Well conducted interviews. 
•Don't be off put by the 2 hour and 17 minute run time. The movie itself is only about 1 hour and 45 minutes. After the credits you get to see the fully restored, edited down (to about 30 minutes) concert from 1965 at Shea Stadium. It really made me feel like I was there and was worth the price of admission alone. 

Cons:
•Nothing major and I'm not sure if it was the theater I was in, but the sound quality was a little off in spots. 

My Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment