Friday, November 18, 2016

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (IMAX)

Plot-
Takes place in 1926 about 70 years before the beloved Harry Potter series. After a worldwide adventure in search of all sorts of magical creatures, Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) arrives in New York. While there, an incident occurs that could mean trouble for both the wizard and muggle (in America they call them No-Maj) communities. 

Pros:
•Eddie Redmayne was the perfect choice to play Newt. I found his character very fascinating, especially his awkwardness and the way that he was more comfortable around creatures than he was humans. 
•J.K. Rowling's script. I'm happy to see this amazing world she's created be expanded on. You get to see what the American wizarding community is all about and how it differs from the one we're use to seeing in England. 
•Major props to the people who designed all the creatures. They looked great and a lot of them were so adorable! I found myself saying "Awww!" out loud several times. 
•Dan Fogler's character was honestly one of my favorite things about the movie. He's so funny and steals every scene he's in. 
•Should be seen in IMAX  but in 2D if your theater has that option. The movie is already dark as it is and I have a feeling that IMAX 3D would make it really hard to see. 
•There's so much more I want to tell you but then I'd be getting into spoiler territory. If you're a huge Harry Potter fan like me, you're going to love the hell out of this. 

Cons:
•The big battle scene towards the end felt a little too disjointed at times. Also it did that thing where it had like five different endings which I normally can't stand. But I just love this movie so much that I'm willing to overlook these minor flaws and not take any points off my rating. 

My Rating: 10/10

2 comments: