Sunday, November 20, 2016

Queen of Katwe

Plot-
A young girl from Uganda named Phiona (Madina Nalwanga) is introduced to the game of chess and her life is changed forever. 

Pros:
•Madina Nalwanga... Wow!!!! She gave an amazing, award worthy performance. Such a powerful young actress. I really hope we see her in more movies. 
•Speaking of performances, I also thought David Oyelowo and Lupita Nyong'o were really good as well. I've always been a big fan of both of them. 
•Strong writing and well developed characters. This is based on a true story and it left me wanting to know more about the real life people. 
•Stunning locations and cinematography. 
•The movie is a little over two hours long but it didn't feel like it. It moves at a decent pace. 

Cons:
•I really can't think of any. This was one of the best movies I've seen this year. Everyone PLEASE go see this!! It's a wonderful story with a strong message. 

My Rating: 10/10

2 comments: