Sunday, November 6, 2016

The Girl on the Train

Plot-
An alcoholic divorcée (Emily Blunt) gets entangled in a missing persons case where nothing is as it seems. 

Pros:
•Outstanding performance by Emily Blunt. I've always been a fan of hers. 
•Musical score by Danny Elfman was very haunting and perfectly fit with the tone of the movie. 
•Some nice cinematography. 

Cons:
•Tried way too hard to be the next Gone Girl. There's an interesting story there but I feel like it wasn't as executed as well as it could've been. Maybe if I had read the book I would've gotten more out of it. 
•Some issues with the editing and the way it would jump back and forth in time. I have no problem when movies do this but this director Tate Taylor (who most recently directed Get On Up, a movie I liked overall but had similar issues) clearly has no idea how to. 
•A few rough spots with the dialogue. 
•The camerawork was a little nauseating in a couple of scenes. 
•Not the type of movie I'd rush out to see in theaters. But it's worth a look if you're into these types of movies and come across it on Netflix. By all means check it out. 

My Rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment