Friday, November 25, 2016

Moana

Plot-
Moana (Auli'i Cravalho) is the only daughter of the chief of her tribe. They come from a long line of navigators. In desperate need of help for her people, she sets sail for a fabled island along with the demigod Maui (Duane Johnson). 

Pros:
•As much as I love the classic Disney princess movies, it's always refreshing to see a princess (and yes Moana definitely counts as one) who doesn't have a love interest. Someone who's very strong and independent. Such a great message, especially for young girls. 
•Gorgeous animation which from Disney I expect nothing less. The movie is mainly 3D but has some 2D as well. 
•The music. Most of the songs I really enjoyed. Catchy as well. While it may not be my favorite out of all the Disney soundtracks, I'll definitely be adding this to my iPod. 
•Duane Johnson just keeps getting better and better. He did a great job as Maui. You could tell he had a blast doing this. And surprisingly he's a decent singer. 

Cons:
•It did drag a little in spots. 
•The villain wasn't anything special and nowhere near as memorable as some of the classic Disney villains.

My Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment