Friday, May 5, 2017

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (IMAX 3D)

Plot:
Peter Quill/Star Lord (Chris Pratt), Gamora (Zoe Saldana), Drax (Dave Bautista), Rocket (Bradley Cooper), and Baby Groot (Vin Diesel) continue their adventures all over the galaxy. Along the way they discover the truth about Peter's father. 

Pros:
•Didn't really spend any time on Earth. They explored and expanded upon other parts of the galaxy which I thought was cool. 
•Such a visually gorgeous movies. Definitely should be seen in IMAX if possible. 3D was actually good too. 
•I'm still amazed at what Marvel and James Gunn has been able to pull off with this. Very proud to be a Marvel bitch right now. 
•If you loved the humor in the first movie, there's even more of it here. I was laughing so hard throughout the whole thing my stomach was hurting. Haven't had this much fun at a movie in awhile. 
•Chris Pratt remains just as charming as ever. 
•Overall a way better villain than the first movie. Not that that was hard to do. 
•Baby Groot.... so fucking adorable! 
•Not only was there a lot of humor but some surprisingly touching moments as well. 

Cons:
•While I liked the villain for the most part, some things that are revealed that had me rolling my eyes a bit. Also, their motivations were a little confusing. 
•It's true, there are FIVE (yes five!) post credits scenes. I'll be honest, this was the one thing that pissed me off about the movie and is preventing me from giving it a perfect rating. They were a complete waste of time and did nothing really to set up any of the other movies like they normally do. Not sure what the hell Marvel was thinking when they came up with this but they really need to go back to doing just one or two. 

My Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment