Sunday, May 28, 2017

A Quiet Passion

Plot:
The story of poet Emily Dickinson (Cynthia Nixon). 

Pros:
•Beautiful cinematography and costumes. Really makes you feel like you're in that time period.
•Strong performances, especially Cynthia Nixon and Jennifer Ehle. 
•If you're a fan of Emily Dickson, by all means check this out. However, I wouldn't say it's something I'd pay to see in theaters. More of a Netflix watch. 
•Clearly the director had good intentions and was a fan. 

Cons:
•Very dry at times to the point where I found myself falling asleep. 
•Some odd choices in terms of editing and story structure. 
•Doesn't offer anything new. 
•While I thought Cynthia Nixon was very good, there were some moments where I felt she was too overly dramatic. To the point where I almost laughed out loud. 

My Rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment