Sunday, May 28, 2017

Their Finest

Plot:
Catrin Cole (Gemma Arteron), a former secretary, is hired as a scriptwriter for a propaganda film as World War II rages on around them. 

Pros:
•I had been wanting to see this movie for awhile. Going into it, I expected a light hearted sort of comedy and while at times it is that, it's also a very well written drama that doesn't shy away from showing the tragedy of war. 
•Gemma Arteron and Sam Claflin were absolutely wonderful together. Great chemistry. 
•Characters were very likable. 
•Fascinating look into the film industry in Britain during the war. 
•Story moved at a good pace and kept me interested the whole time. 
•Beautiful score by Rachel Portman. 

Cons:
•There's only one I can think of and it's very minor- the ending. It's not bad at all, I just personally wish it had ended differently. Still, it's one of the best movies I've seen this year and I highly recommend it. 

My Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment