Friday, May 12, 2017

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

Plot:
The story of King Arthur (Charlie Hunnam), this time from the crazy mind of director Guy Ritchie. 

Pros:
•I'll give Guy Ritchie credit for trying to do something different. This is unlike any other version of King Arthur I've ever seen. 
•Charlie Hunnam. The main reason I had any desire to see this movie. Hell its the ONLY reason. He does a good job given the material he has to work with. He looks amazing as always. Very charming. The things I would do to that man. 
•When the movie was moving at a decent pace (which wasn't often at ALL) it had some nice sets. 

Cons:
•Guy Ritchie has officially crossed over into Zack Snyder territory. Not quite Michael Bay yet but he's getting there. Holy shit. This whole slow mo then speed it up thing he does hasn't gotten really old. It worked in the Sherlock Holmes movies and some of his other ones. It doesn't work here. 
•James Herbert. If you ever see this man's name listed in the credits as the editor of a movie you're about to watch, do yourself a favor- RUN!!!! This is some of the worst editing I've seen in my life. Most of the time I had absolutely no idea what was happening from scene to scene. At times it gave me a headache. 
•Everyone on this production (especially Guy Ritchie and James Herbert) must have done some serious drugs. Only explanation I can think of. 
•Makes me want to watch Suicide Squad again.
•Jude Law (a great actor that I normally like) is the very definition of "I don't give a fuck!" here. 
•Apparently Guy Ritchie wants this to be the first in a six movie series. HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!
•I expected to walk out of this angry but I'm not. I'm just confused and stunned at the train wreck that I just witnessed. It's really something you have to see to believe. But for the love of god DO NOT see this in theaters. 

My Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment