Friday, February 16, 2018

Black Panther (IMAX)

Plot:
Following the events of Civil War, T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman) returns home to the technologically advanced nation of Wakanda to take up his rightful place as King. 

Pros:
•I have been looking forward to this movie ever since Black Panther was introduced in Civil War and boy it did not disappoint. This is right on up there with the original Avengers and Civil War as one of my favorite Marvel movies. AHHHHHHH!!!!! OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD!!! Sorry, now that I’ve that out of my system I can continue with my review. 
•Chadwick Boseman was once again amazing as King T’Challa/Black Panther. I must say they’re are also some really bad ass female characters. I can’t remember the actress’s name but T’Challa’s sister was by far one of my favorite characters. 
•Ryan Coogler is quickly becoming one of my favorite directors. He was one of the writers on this as well and holy shit he does such an amazing job not only with an action packed yet heartfelt story with a powerful message but creating this beautiful country right down to the smallest detail. 
•Gorgeous locations. If you have an IMAX screen near you I highly recommended you see this in that format. 
•When I first saw the trailers, I wasn’t sure what to make of Michael B. Jordan’s character but he was amazing and in my opinion one of the best villains Marvel has ever had. You learn his backstory and end up really feeling for him and totally understand why he ended up the way he did. 
•Bad ass soundtrack. Will definitely be listening to it over and over again on Spotify. 
•This goes without saying but STAY FOR THE CREDITS! There’s two scenes (one in the middle and one at the end) and they’re both fantastic. 
•There’s so much more I want to say but I don’t want to spoil anything. I absolutely love this movie and will definitely be seeing this a few more times in theaters. 

Cons:
•The only thing that is stopping me from giving this a perfect rating is a few (very brief) moments of questionable cgi. 

My Rating: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment