Sunday, February 18, 2018

The Insult

Plot:
When an insult between a Palestinian refugee and a Christian nationalist leads to a heated exchange it finds the two men ending up in court. The case gets national attention. 

Pros:
•I really didn’t know anything about this movie going into it other than the fact that it’s nominated for Best Foreign Language Film at this years Oscars. Now that I’ve watched it I can definitely see why. WOW!! What a compelling, well written movie. 
•One of the things I loved the most is that unlike many movies of this type, they don’t try to say, “This guy is definitely right and this guy is definitely wrong.” There’s a whole grey area. I appreciate it not be quite so predictable. 
•Strong acting, especially by the two leads. 
•I’ve seen many courtroom dramas in my time. Some good and some downright awful. This was definitely the former. It sucked me right in and had me on the edge of my seat. If you like these types of movies I highly recommend it. 

Cons:
•Started off a little slow. Not to the point where I felt sleepy or felt the urge to look at the clock but it had me thinking, “Okay, this isn’t bad or anything but where are they going with this?” Luckily it picks up the pace once you get to the courtroom scenes. 

My Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment