Friday, December 28, 2018

Vice

Plot:
Based on a true story. Dick Cheney (Christian Bale) quietly wields immense power while serving as the Vice President To George W. Bush (Sam Rockwell). 

Pros:
•Adam McKay movies are kind of hit or miss for me. I’m happy to say that Vice for the most part is a hit. 
•Christian Bale has a real chance at winning Best Actor this year. Once again he transforms himself for the role. I didn’t see him, I saw Dick Cheney. 
•The supporting cast deserves recognition as well, especially Amy Adams and Sam Rockwell (whose not in it nearly enough for my liking). 
•I’m about to say something that I very rarely get a chance to say- Tyler Perry gave a good performance (he plays Colin Powell and has about 10 minutes screen time total). I’m dead serious. It’s amazing what he can do when he’s not writing and directing himself. 
•It was interesting to learn more about Cheney since I didn’t know much before he became Vice President. 
•Fantastic job by whoever did the makeup. 
•While I wouldn’t call it great, it’s definitely worth seeing. 

Cons:
•Had some serious pacing issues. Also, it seemed like it was never going to end. It just kept going and going. I found myself rolling my eyes several times. 
•Hated the narration. Totally unnecessary. There’s more I’d like to say about it but I would be getting into a slight spoiler. 

My Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment