Friday, January 18, 2019

Glass

Plot:
David Dunn (Bruce Willis) uses his special abilities to track down Kevin (James McAvoy)- a man with 24 personalities. Sequel to both Unbreakable and Split. 

Pros:
•Solid performances by the three main actors, especially James McAvoy. 
•I liked the direction for the most part. M. Night Shyamalan is still in my good graces. 
•If you liked Unbreakable and Split, I’d recommend this. While it’s not quite as good as those two movies it’s worth checking out. It certainly doesn’t deserve a 35% on RT. 

Cons:
•Some MAJOR pacing issues. The movie is just over two hours but it felt longer. 
•Falls apart a bit in the third act. 
•The twist (because of course there’s one) had me rolling my eyes. 
•While I was okay with the ending I can totally see people not liking it.  
•There’s no need to see this in IMAX. Doesn’t add anything to the experience. 

My Rating: 6.5/10

Sorry this review is so short. There’s a lot more I could say about the movie but then I’d be getting into spoilers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment