Friday, January 11, 2019

On The Basis of Sex


Plot:
Based on the true story of Ruth Bader Ginsburg (Felicity Jones) and her struggles for equal rights. 

Pros:
•Felicity Jones gives a really good and believable performance as RBG. 
•I liked Armie Hammer as well. He and Felicity Jones definitely had chemistry. The best part of the movie for me was the relationship between Ruth and Marty. 
•The movie covers the beginning of her career from being a student at Harvard Law to her first big case which was interesting. 
•Nice cinematography 
•If you really want to know about RBG, I highly recommend the documentary from last year. While I enjoyed On The Basis of Sex and recommend it, the documentary goes more in depth and covers her entire career up until the present day. 

Cons:
•Some of the dialogue is a bit rough and cliche. 
•I feel like it tried a bit too hard to be Oscar bait. 
•My only issue with Felicity Jones’ performance was her accent kept going in and out. 

My Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment