Friday, May 10, 2019

Detective Pikachu

Pokémon first became big when I was in my early teens I believe. I remember spending hours playing the game on my Game Boy and even watched tv show for awhile as well as the first movie (didn’t really watch any of the movies after that). When Pokémon Go was released nearly three years ago I was all on that. However,  when they announced this I was very hesitant given the current history of video game movies. But after seeing the trailer I was intrigued. I’m glad I gave it a chance because Detective Pikachu was a lot of fun. 


All of the people behind this movie clearly love Pokémon. A great deal of care went into not only the design of all the Pokémon but creating a world where they coexist with humans and have it be believable. There’s also a lot of Easter eggs for the fans but it never feels forced. 


The movie is not without a few faults. For one, the story itself is not great. It’s not bad by any means just a little... weak. Also, it did drag a bit for me especially in the third act. 


Overall, I definitely recommend seeing this in theaters. You’ll have a good time. 


My Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment