Friday, May 31, 2019

Rocketman

Pros:

•One of the things I appreciated most was that this is not your standard biopic. All that stuff is there yes but it’s a musical as well. 

•Taron Edgerton... wow!!! He was absolutely amazing. Really transformed himself. I didn’t see him, I saw Elton John. And it turns out he’s a damn good singer. It was a bit weird at first hearing someone else sing these classic songs, but I soon got over it. 

•Very strong supporting cast, especially Jamie Bell. 

•Theres a lot of really cool shots and visuals. Dexter Fletcher did a good job directing. 

•Doesn’t shy away from showing you the downside of fame. 

•If you’re a huge fan of Elton John (like me) then you’re going to love this. It really did him justice. 

•Fun and very rewatchable. I’ll definitely be getting a copy of this when it come out on Blu-ray. 


Cons:

•Does drag slightly in the beginning. 

•A few very minor technical issues that really aren’t worth going into details about. 


My Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment