Friday, November 8, 2019

Last Christmas

Plot:
Kate’s (Emilia Clarke) life is a series of bad decisions, including working as Santa’s Elf at a department store. Things begin to change for the better when she meets Tom (Henry Golding). 

Pros:
•The bright spots of the movie were definitely Emilia Clarke and Henry Golding. I felt like they had really good chemistry and their scenes together were pretty adorable. 
•I’ve never been a big fan of Paul Fieg, but this was definitely one of his better movies. 
•It’s a perfectly sweet holiday movie with a nice message. 
•Loved the George Michael soundtrack. 
•If you’re looking for a movie to take your Mom or Grandma to I’m sure they’d like this. 

Cons:
•The script/writing was very weak with some downright awful/cheesy dialog. Honestly this was just a step or two above a Hallmark Channel movie. 
•After I first saw the trailer I knew the twist was going to be either one of two things. And I was right. I really wish they hadn’t gone there. It didn’t ruin the movie for me completely but it did bring my rating WAY down. 
•The trailer pretty much shows you the whole movie. I hate when they do that. 

My Rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment