Friday, November 29, 2019

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood


Pros:
•This isn’t a Mr. Rodgers biopic like many thought it would be. If you’re looking for that I highly recommend checking out the amazing documentary Won’t You Be My Neighbor. Instead, the movie mainly focuses on Lloyd and how after meeting Mr. Rodgers it had a huge impact on his life. 
•Tom Hanks really captures the spirit of Mr. Rodgers. He even nailed down the looks and mannerisms. I can see him getting nominated for Best Supporting Actor. 
•The rest of the cast was amazing, especially the actor who plays Lloyd. 
•Plays out like one long episode of the classic tv show which I thought was cool. It even looks like it right on down to the sets and props. So much attention to detail. 
•This movie emotionally resonated with me as I’m sure it will with many people. I was in tears by the end. Definitely bring tissues. 
•If we had more kind and loving people like Mr. Rodgers the world would be a MUCH better place. 

Cons:
•I honestly can’t think of any. This movie is pretty flawless and I highly recommend everyone see it. 

My Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment