Friday, July 29, 2016

Jason Bourne

Plot-
Ten years after the events of Ultimatum, Jason Bourne (Matt Damon) comes out of hiding to discover more truths about his past as an operative of the CIA. 

Pros:
•Matt Damon gives the only good performance. Although if I'm being honest he had a look on his face the whole time that said, "I am way too old for this shit."
•I've said it many times over the years but I hate shaky cam with the exception of the Bourne movies. Paul Greengrass remains one of the only directors out there that knows how to use it correctly. 
•A couple of bad ass action/fight scenes. 
•Always nice to hear Extreme Ways by Moby again. 

Cons:
•Tommy Lee Jones. God damn. His performance was the very definition of phoning it in. 
•Editing was so poor in a few scenes that I had no idea who was who or what the hell was going on. 
•The twists were so predictable. How could you not see them coming from a mile away?
•The final fight scene was a HUGE letdown. All that build up for that? What the fuck! I had to take a point off just for this alone. 
•While I don't think this movie was as bad as some critics are saying, it's definitely the weakest of the four Bourne movies (I don't count the Jeremy Renner one). They should've stopped after Ultimatum. 

My Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment