Sunday, July 3, 2016

The Lobster

Plot-
Set in a dystopian future, single people are taken to The Hotel where they must find love within 45 days or be turned into an animal of their choosing. 

Pros:
•Performances, especially Colin Farrell and Rachel Weisz
•Direction by Yorgos Lanthimos. I give him a lot of credit for doing something different. 
•Cinematography 
•Music

Cons:
•All of the actors (with the exception of maybe John C. Reilly) speak their lines with absolutely no emotion. It works at first given the story but that shit gets old REALLY quick. 
•Didn't really care that much about most of the characters. 
•If you're an animal lover like myself DO NOT I repeat DO NOT go see this movie. 
•The ending. I'm all for an ending that leaves things open and makes you think but what the hell was that? When it cut to the credits I literally said out loud, "What?? Are you kidding me?"

My Rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment