Friday, June 2, 2017

Wonder Woman

Plot:
Before she was Wonder Woman she was Diana (Gal Gadot)- Amazon princess and fierce warrior. One day a pilot (Chris Pine) crashes on her island and tells her of the Great War going on in the outside world. Believing she can help, Diana leaves home where she discovers her true destiny. 

Pros:
•COLOR!!! Glorious color. Seems silly to get excited over something like this but I'm sure if you're like me and have seen all the DC movies since Snyder took over you'll understand. 
•Gal Gadot, who in my opinion was one of the few good things about BvS, really shines here. It's always nice to see a bad ass female superhero. Patty Jenkins really brought her to life for me. I hope they continue to let her direct movies in this universe. She's really good at it. 
•Chris Pine was really good in this as well. Not only does he do drama well, but his comedic timing is great. He and Gal Gadot also had very good chemistry. Never felt cheesy at all to me. 
•Most of the action scenes were well choreographed. 
•I wasn't crazy about the Wonder Woman theme when they first introduced it in BvS, but after this I have to say it's grown on me. It was used way better here. 
•Almost two and a half hours but it sure didn't feel like it. Kept me entertained. 
•I opted to see this in 2D and it looks just fine. 
• I can't even begin to tell you how nice it is to have a decent DC movie again. Lord knows they needed it. 

Cons:
•Villain was extremely disappointing. 
•The final showdown/battle scene was such a mess. Reminded me very much of BvS (but please don't let this stop you from seeing Wonder Woman. Overall it's a great movie). If it wasn't for this I would've rated it much higher. 

My Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment