Friday, September 8, 2017

IT (IMAX)

Plot:
In the small town of Derry, Maine a group of seven kids have horrifying encounters with IT- an evil clown who preys on their fears and appears every 27 years. 

Pros:
•It's been awhile since a movie has truly terrified me like this. I mean that in a good way of course. Kudos to the director. Everyone involved really. 
•Bill Skarsgård's take on Pennywise is in my opinion just as good as Tim Curry's in the original, just in a different way. Tim Curry was scary didn't not get me wrong, but he was also funny too from what I remember (it's been years since I watched the original 1990 miniseries). Skarsgård is truly terrifying. And not just in the way he looks. All those little ticks and movements he does really adds to it. 
•Reminded me a lot of those coming of age movies I use to watch all the time growing up. Got a very Spielberg vibe from it. The cast of kids they got were all really good in their roles. 
•Only has a budget of $35 million but the visuals look amazing. 

Cons:
•There was no need to have this in IMAX since it really doesn't add anything to the experience. While I highly recommend this movie, I'd say save your money and see it on a regular screen. 
•Some of the decisions the characters make are so stupid and you see it all the time in these types of movies. Granted they're done a little better than most of those but it's still a pet peeve of mine. 

My Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment