Friday, September 15, 2017

Mother!

Plot:
A couple's (Jennifer Lawrence and Javier Bardem, referred to simply as Mother and Him in the movie) seemingly tranquil life is disrupted when uninvited guests arrive at their home. 

Pros:
•This is one of those movies where it's better if you go into it knowing as little as possible. So this will probably be a short review. That and the fact that I have no idea how to describe to you what I just saw. 
•I'll give Darren Aronofsky this much, his movies are never dull. It certainly is a original, well made, and well directed movie that you very rarely see in Hollywood these days. 
•Very thought provoking. 
•It was a great theater experience for me. All of us were walking out of the theater laughing awkwardly and saying, "What the fuck was that?"

Cons:
•Most people are absolutely going to hate this movie. Especially in the last maybe 25 minutes. 
•While I respect Aronofsky and wouldn't call this a bad movie, it's probably one of my least favorite of his. Black Swan was way better in my opinion. Black Swan was also fucked up, but I own a copy of it and rewatch it every so often. Mother! I most likely will never watch again unless it's with a large group of friends and we get totally drunk first. 

My Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment