Sunday, September 17, 2017

Last Men in Aleppo

Plot:
Documentary about Khalid, Subhi, and Mahmoud, the founding members of The White Helmets- a group in Syria who have stayed on in the war torn area to help the citizens. 

Pros:
•This was an incredibly difficult movie to watch. But I feel like it's something everyone needs to see. What a powerful piece of film making by all three of the directors who worked on it. I can easily see this getting an Oscar nomination. 
• Going into this movie I obviously had heard of the White Helmets and what they do. But to hear about it and to actually see it are to totally different things. The movie really goes in depth about what these brave men go through on a daily basis. They choose to stay and help knowing that they will most likely be killed at some point. It brought me to tears several times. Especially when the men are interacting with their families. 
•Doesn't shy away from showing just how brutal and heartbreaking things are over there. You see the country getting bombed on a daily basis, a lot of the times more than once. You see the men pulling dead or severely injured children from the rubble. 

Cons:
•Nothing significant, but me personally I had a hard time with shaky cam they used in a few of the scenes. Made me a little nauseous. Still it's nothing that should stop you from seeing the movie. 

My Rating: 9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment