Friday, September 22, 2017

Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Plot:
After their headquarters are destroyed, the Kingsman must come together with their American allies the Statesman to defeat a common enemy. 

Pros:
•There were a few fun action scenes (even if they were just a rehash of what they did in the first movie)
•It’s always great seeing Colin Firth again. 
•I liked Mark Strong and Pedro Pascal in this. 
•Good soundtrack

Cons:
•I was a huge fan of the first movie. The Golden Circle wasn’t terrible (compared to a lot of shit I’ve seen this year).... but I was kind of disappointed. This lacked the charm and heart of the original. Yes the original was over the top but somehow they made it work. This one was just stupid at times. Like Fast and the Furious level stupid. 
•Unnecessary cameo
•The way some of the action scenes were shot made me so nauseous I had to look away from the screen a few times. I don’t remember having that happen when I watched the original. 
 •TOO DAMN LONG!! I have no problem with long movies but there’s no way this needed to be two and a half hours. It felt like it was never going to end. 
•For those going into this expecting to see a lot of Channing Tatum, you’re going to be disappointed. 

My Rating: 6.5/10

1 comment:

  1. C Tates bulge was the realy star of his cameo. lol Pedro was decent till that fucking last scene. Poppy never gave a reason for killing the Kingsmen, did she?

    ReplyDelete