Sunday, September 10, 2017

Wind River

Plot:
Cory Lambert (Jeremy Renner), a game tracker, teams up with FBI agent Jane Banner (Elizabeth Olsen) to investigate the murder of a young Native American woman. 

Pros:
•As soon as I found out that Taylor Sheridan had written and directed this movie, I knew I had to see it. He had previously written the scripts for Sicario and Hell or High Water (my favorite movie of 2016). Both movies were so well written and filled with tension. And he's done it again with Wind River. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I'm looking forward to whatever he chooses to do next. 
•This is by far the best performance of Jeremy Renner's career. I enjoy seeing him as Hawkeye in the Marvel movies don't get me wrong, but here he really gets to show off his acting chops. 
•Elizabeth Olsen, Graham Greene, Gil Birmingham, and the rest of the supporting cast were really good as well. 
•The locations are a huge part of what makes this movie so great. You feel the isolation of these characters and how strong you have to be to survive around there. 
•Stunning cinematography. 
•If you loved Sicaro and Hell or High Water then you're going to love this one too. I can't recommend it enough. 

Cons:
•Was a little too predictable in terms of who the bad guy ends up being. Normally I would take a point off for something like this and I considered doing that here, but I just thought the movie was so well made overall and left such an impact on me that I'm willing to let it slide this time. 

My Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment