Friday, July 27, 2018

Mission Impossible: Fallout

Plot:
When a mission goes wrong, Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) and his team are in a race against time to save the world. 

Pros:
•Each member of the team is given their moment to shine. It’s not just all about Tom Cruise which I thought was nice. 
•Amazing fight and action scenes that are fun and keep you on the edge of your seat. 
•Normally with these types of movies you tend not too worry too much because you realize at the end of the day, all the main characters will be fine. Here there were several moments where I found myself thinking, “How the hell are they ever going to get out of this?!?!”  
•I love how they used a lot of practical effects. Makes it more believable. As great as CGI can be, I’ll take practical effects any day. 
•This definitely should be seen on the big screen. I wish I had been able to watch this in IMAX but unfortunately the showtimes didn’t work out. Still it looks great on a regular screen. 
•Memorable score by Lorne Balfe. 

Cons:
•I don’t have too many and certainly nothing that should stop you from seeing the movie. There’s a twist though that I thought was a little too predictable. 
•As good of a job as Christopher McQuarrie did at directing, I see that he went to the JJ Abrams school of lense flares. Not that it was done throughout the whole film but just enough to be annoying. 

My Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment