Friday, August 3, 2018

Mama Mia! Here We Go Again

Plot:
Five years after the events of the first movie, Sophie (Amanda Seyfried) learns about her mother’s (Meryl Streep, Lily James as a young Donna). 

Pros:
•I’ve never seen the first movie in its entirety, only bits and pieces whenever it was on tv. One time I tried to sit down and watch but I just couldn’t make it through it. I love musicals but that one was just a little too cheesy for me. That being said, I really enjoyed this one. It had me walking out of the theater feeling really good. 
•While Lily James doesn’t look much at all like Meryl Streep, I totally bought her as a young Donna. She’s not only a great actress but a great singer as well. 
•The story was surprisingly strong and heartfelt. It had me tearing up a lot, especially at the end. 
•Beautiful locations and cinematography. 
•Most of the songs were fun and catchy. 
•This is one of those movies where if you’re feeling down just put it on and you’ll instantly feel better. 
•Cher still has it. Her role is small but very memorable. 

Cons:
•Dominic Cooper couldn’t sing if his life depended on it. It also felt like he was phoning it in. 
•I enjoyed most of the songs but a few of them I just wasn’t feeling. 

My Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment