Friday, August 10, 2018

BlacKkKlansman

Plot:
Based on the true story of Ron Stallworth (John David Washington) an African American cop from Colorado who successfully infiltrated the Klu Klux Klan. 

Pros: 
•WOW!!!! What an amazing movie. Thank you Spike Lee for bringing this incredible story to light. It’s crazy that, up until recently, I had never heard of it before. Very powerful and something I think everyone needs to see. 
•John David Washington’s performance. This is the first time I’ve seen him, but I think he’s a talented actor. Also, I know Washington is getting a lot of praise (and rightfully so), but I thought Adam Driver did just as good of a job. The two really played off each other well. 
•Powerful dialog. 
•A perfect blend of humor and drama. 
•Great supporting cast. It was weird seeing Topher Grace playing David Duke since the only things I’ve seen him in are comedies. But he pulls it off. 
•Very memorable ending. I won’t spoil it... all I’ll say is it’s sad and infuriating that this story took place back in the 70s and not much has changed at all. Things like this are still happening everyday :(

Cons:
•Just a few minor technical issues that aren’t worth mentioning. Had this been a lesser movie I would’ve taken a point or two off my rating. But this was so good I’m willing to let it slide. If this is playing anywhere near you I highly recommended you check it out. 

My Rating: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment