Friday, August 24, 2018

The Happytime Murders

Plot:
When the puppet cast of an 80s tv show begins to get murdered one by one, a disgraced former cop turned detective must solve the case. 

Pros:
•I really liked the design of the puppets. 
•Got several genuine laughs. 
•Melissa McCarthy was actually pretty good in this. Definitely more toned down from her usual shtick. 
•While I wouldn’t call this a great movie or one you should see in theaters, it’s worth a watch with friends when it comes to Netflix. 
•The credits were fun and interesting. They show some outtakes and behind the scenes stuff. 

Cons:
•A lot of wasted potential. I understand what they were trying to do but I felt like they could’ve done more. 
•Some of the jokes/scenes went on just a bit too long. 
•The story itself was pretty weak and predictable. 

My Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment