Sunday, August 12, 2018

The Catcher Was a Spy

Plot:
Moe Bert (Paul Rudd) lives a double life as a Major League Baseball player and working for the Office of Strategic Services during World War II.  Based on a true story. 

Pros:
•Very fascinating story. I’m surprised I haven’t heard it before. 
•Paul Rudd, while I feel he may have been slightly miscast, does a fine job. 
•Moves at a good pace. 

Cons:
•There’s a great story here, however, at times I felt like they director didn’t execute it very well. Also, while the dramatic scenes were find for the most part, the brief war/battle scenes we get were shot rather poorly. 
•Horrible use of green screen. I’m sure this was a low budget film but they could’ve at least tried to make it look convincing. 
•If you’re into period pieces and/or spy movies by all means check this out. It’s not great or anything but check it out if you come across it on Netflix. Not worth seeing it in theaters. 

My Rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment