Sunday, August 19, 2018

Boundaries

Plot:
Laura (Vera Farmiga) and her son Henry (Lewis MacDougall) are forced to drive her father Jack (Christopher Plummer) across country after being kicked out of yet another nursing home. 

Pros:
•Strong performances by Christopher Plummer and Vera Farmiga. I totally bought them as father and daughter. Had it been lesser actors it wouldn’t have worked. 
•The directors heart was in the right place. 
•Lots of adorable dogs. 

Cons:
•The story itself is pretty weak and predictable. Nothing you haven’t seen before which is sad because it had potential. 
•Awkward humor that mostly falls flat. 
•Poor lighting in many scenes. There were times I couldn’t make out what was happening. 
•I can’t say I recommend this movie. I wouldn’t call it bad or anything. It’s just meh. If you’re a fan of any of these actors and you’re curious, wait until it comes to Netflix. 

My Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment