Saturday, June 17, 2017

All Eyez On Me

Plot:
Biopic of rapper Tupac Shakur. 

Pros:
•If I'm being honest, the only positive thing I can say about the movie is the guy they got to play Tupac looks so much like him it's scary. And he does a decent enough job. Had he had a more competent director he probably would've been even better. 

Cons:
•Where do I even begin? I don't know a whole lot about Tupac. I mean, obviously I know who he was and like some of his music. I do know he deserves way better than this shit. 
•For a movie that was damn near two and a half hours, it sure felt rushed. They glossed over his entire story. Seriously, within the span of about 15 minutes (if that) it went from Afeni Shakur being pregnant with Tupac, him as a kid, to when he made his first album. 
•Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to let Benny Boom direct this? Up until recently I hadn't even heard of him. Clearly he's incompetent and didn't give a fuck. This felt like one of those awful biopics that Lifetime likes to do, just with a bigger budget. 
•Horribly written script. 
•Poor acting by the supporting cast. 
•Don't even get me started on the way they handled Tupac's murder. 
•I can't believe I'm saying this but King Arthur is no longer the worst movie I've seen this year. While technically speaking King Arthur was worse in the sense that it was edited in a fucking blender and I had no idea what was happening on screen half the time, at least I only walked out of it confused and not angry like I did with this. I can only imagine how hardcore Tupac fans must be feeling right now. 
•Benny Boom should never be allowed to make another movie again. 
•Avoid this at all cost. I'm begging you. 

My Rating: 2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment