Sunday, June 4, 2017

Norman

Plot:
Norman (Richard Gere) is a small time operator living in New York who befriends a politician and suddenly his left from changes. 

Pros:
•Richard Gere gives a rather interesting performance. I mean that in a good way. His character does come off as annoying but by the end you also sympathize with him. 
•Great supporting cast as well, including Lior Ashkenazi, Michael Sheen, and Dan Stevens. 
•Clever script. 
•I liked what the director did in terms of shooting some of the scenes. 
•Some people might not care for the ending but I thought it worked here. 

Cons:
•This movie is divided into four acts. It had some issues in terms of pacing especially in the beginning. Also, I didn't feel like it needed to be almost two hours. It would've worked better had they cut out maybe fifteen minutes (mainly in acts two and three). 
•If you think this is something you would like to see, I would wait until it comes to Netflix. Overall I liked this movie but it's not something I would pay money to see in theaters. 

My Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment