Sunday, June 11, 2017

My Cousin Rachel

Plot:
A young man named Philip (Sam Claflin) plots revenge against his mysterious cousin Rachel (Rachel Weisz) whom he believes had something to do with his guardian's death. 

Pros:
•Beautiful locations, cinematography, and costumes. 
•Sam Claflin, while I wouldn't call this his best role, gives a pretty decent performance. I liked his scenes with Holiday Granger and felt they had good chemistry. 
•The ending is kind of ambiguous and while I don't always like when a movie does this I felt like it worked here. I enjoy a good mystery. 

Cons:
•I like Rachel Weisz but I feel like she was miscast here. She also had zero chemistry with Sam Claflin. 
•One of the love scenes was so cheesy (you see part of it in the trailer) and bad that I couldn't help but laugh. 
•I haven't read the novel that this is based on, but it felt very rushed. Like I was getting the cliff notes version. 
•Trailer pretty much gives most of the movie away.
•While I wouldn't call this a terrible movie, it's not something I would suggest seeing in theaters. If you think you might be interested, wait until it comes to Netflix. 

My Rating: 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment