Sunday, April 15, 2018

Bombshell: The Hedy Lamarr Story

Plot:
Documentary about the life and career of actress and inventor Hedy Lamarr. 

Pros:
•Going into this movie I wasn’t sure what to expect. I had vaguely heard of Hedy Lamarr before but didn’t know that much about her other than that she was an actress. I’m glad I saw this because it was very interesting and insightful. It gave you a sense of who she really was. 
•One of the things I found very interesting was that not only was Hedy a beautiful actress but she was actually a brilliant inventor as well. One of her patents served as the basis for many things we use today- WiFi, gps, Bluetooth, etc. 
•Great interviews with her family and friends as well as several people in the film industry who admired her. 
•If you’re into documentaries and or are a Hedy Lamarr fan I’d definitely suggest checking this out. While I wouldn’t call it perfect or anything, I’d say it’s worth your time. 

Cons:
•Drags just a bit in the middle. 

My Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment