Sunday, April 8, 2018

The Death of Stalin

Plot:
Follows Joseph Stalin’s (Adrian McLoughlin) final days and the chaos that ensued after his death. 

Pros:
•I give the director a lot of credit for trying to pull something like this off. It’s certainly very interesting if you’re into this particular area of history. For me I wouldn’t call it a great movie but it was still pretty good. 
•The cast was strong, especially Steve Buscemi who carried a lot of this movie. Rupert Friend and Jason Isaacs were great in supporting roles. Would’ve liked to have seen more of them. 
•The last 30 minutes... WOW!!! I won’t spoil it for you guys but man does shit get real. Terrifying and intriguing. If the rest of the movie had been like that I would’ve given this a much higher rating. 
•Well shot.

Cons:
•I’ll be honest, the first hour or so was a bit of a chore to get through. The tone was all over the place. And in spots I had to fight the  urge to fall asleep. 
•The music score wasn’t bad but there were times that it was way too overpowering. 

My Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment