Sunday, April 8, 2018

The Party

Plot:
Janet (Kristen Scott Thomas) gets a promotion and decides to throw a party. But once the guests arrive, it becomes clear that all hell is about to break loose. 

Pros:
•This movie was certainly never dull. It was very odd and dysfunctional. I mean that in a good way. 
•Surprisingly funny but not in your typical laugh out loud type of way. It’s that very British humor which some people won’t enjoy but I personally liked it. 
•Stellar cast. I especially enjoyed Patricia Clarkson and Cillian Murphy. The story itself is not that strong but these actors are so amazing they’re able to make it work.

Cons:
•Super short. It was only about 70 minutes long. Wish they had taken more time to develop the characters and story. They had an interesting idea going here. 
•The movie was shot in black and white. I enjoy a good black and white movie and I’m fine with modern movies doing this if it serves a purpose. But as for this movie it served no purpose. 
•A few moments of very questionable camerawork including Dutch angles which I can’t stand. 
•Overall I liked this movie but it’s not something I suggest seeing in theaters. However if you come across it on Netflix it wouldn’t be a complete waste of time. 

My Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment